Thursday, January 30, 2014

How I Write

I've never really been one for following the "rules" of writing.
In high-school I'd constantly get in trouble for writing in shot sentences.
Short, choppy sentences.  I strongly believe that writing is an art form.  If a sentence looks strange  or off, it's because the writer/author intended it to be. (That or the writer is doesn't write very well.)
How can you tell someone they're writing is bad solely because you don't like the structure  of a paragraph? The wording of a sentence?
It'd be like saying "Oh, that painting is horrible, but it would be fantastic if only you used more green."  Its all about artistic expression.

With that said, I'm not sure how the writing for all these posts will turn out. I can almost assure you there won't be an intentional pattern or theme shared across multiple blog posts. These days i just let the mood take me to where ever it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment