Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dr. Hochenauer's Visit

Dr. Kurt Hochenauer visited my class today and gave some helpful words of advice for up and coming bloggers. What i picked up was that blogging provides more challenges and difficulties than I initially believed. 

I'd say the most important thing Dr. Hochenauer said would be regarding the writing put into the blogs. He proposed that we write everyday, to continue writing no matter how boring the activity became, because the most effective way to procure more blog hits is to have a well-written blog that's worth reading. 

Honestly, what i took away from the experience was that blogging would take a lot more time and effort than I originally suspected. Especially a blog, like mine, that's only just starting out. 

Dr. Hochenauer also said something about pandering. That the way to acquire a greater number of hits would be through pandering to the masses, without selling out to the lowest common denominator. That seems like a complicated balancing act that I'm afraid to attempt for fear of just selling out altogether.   

Personally, I think getting the chance to hear the advice of an experienced blogger has given me the help I need to actually make my blog something. You know, like maybe get more than just 19 hits? 


No comments:

Post a Comment